I have taught a variety of courses related to my research in political science and Middle East studies. In 2017, I was awarded the distinction of “Best Postgraduate Teacher” from the Oxford University Student Union.
Yale University, Department of Political Science
- Political Economy of Authoritarianism (UG/G, Instructor, Spring 2019)
University of Oxford, Department of Politics and International Relations
Oxford uses the tutorial system, where tutors teach 2-5 students in small classes. I taught all tutorials for my students in the following courses:
- Middle East Politics (UG, Tutor, 2013-2017)
- International Relations of the Middle East (UG, Tutor, 2013-2015)
- Quantitative Methods for Politics and Sociology (UG, Tutor, 2014-2015)
- Politics in Europe (UG, Tutor, 2015, 2017)
I also supervised an undergraduate dissertation on the politics of state-sponsored Islamic education in MENA (2017-2018).
British Institute in Amman, Jordan
- Political Economy of Rural Development in MENA (G, Instructor, 2016)
I can teach a number of courses – at the graduate and undergraduate level – related to my research, comparative political economy (CPE), comparative politics (CP), and research methodology. Please contact me for sample syllabi.
- Intro to Comparative Politics
- State Building
- Intro to Middle East Politics
- Inequality and Redistribution
- Historical Institutionalism
- Political Economy of Development
- Authoritarian Politics
- Time Series
- Causal Inference
- Fieldwork, Interview, and Archival Methodology